Questions this program will answer
Hate speech & trolling
- What is trolling?
- Is it a crime to call someone "corrupt" on social media?
- Is it a crime to ridicule a Government official or Minister on social media?
- Is it a crime to send threatening messages on social media?
- If I use asterisk marks instead of abusive words, can I still get into trouble?
- Can I use my favourite celebrity's name to open an account on social media?
- I bought something online, but the company is not helping with my genuine complaint now. Can I criticise them online?
- Is it a crime to body shame someone?
- Is it a crime to ridicule someone on social media?
- Is it a crime to ridicule a religion?
- What kind of social media posts can land me in legal trouble?
Cards & eBanking
- Is it a crime if I use someone else's credit / debit card for shopping?
- Is it safe to use credit cards online?
- Is it possible for someone to duplicate my credit / debit card?
- What should I do in case I notice an unauthorized online banking transaction?
- Can anyone use my card without the OTP?
- What are the safety tips for e-banking?
- Is it safe to use a shared computer for online banking?
- What is "jail-breaking" and is it safe?
- Is it a crime to store music on my phone?
- Is it safe to use a smart phone for online financial transactions?
- Should I regularly backup my phone?
- If I lose my phone, can I delete the content remotely?
- Do I need to have an anti-virus on my phone?
- How many passwords does my Wifi connection have?
- If someone hacks into my wifi and misuses it, would I be legally liable?
- Is it a crime to use my neighbour's "open" wifi network without taking permission?
- What are the risks of using free open wifi connections at public places?
- What basic security precautions should I take for my home / office wifi?
- What is a strong password and how do I create one?
- Should I change my password regularly?
- Is it safe to use the same password for multiple accounts?
- What is a password generator?
- Is it safe to write my passwords on paper?
- What is multi-factor authentication?
- Someone called me asking me to give them my password / OTP. Should I?
- Is it safe to enter my password in a shared computer?
- Is it a crime to watch porn in India?
- Is it a crime to share / forward porn to a friend?
- Is viewing child porn a crime?
- Is it a crime to buy pornographic CDs or DVDs?
- Is it a crime to sell pornographic CDs or DVDs?
- Is it a crime to watch porn online or on TV?
- Is it a crime to keep / store porn on my smartphone / computer?
- Is it a crime to forward nude selfies to my boyfriend / girlfriend?
- Is it a crime to share nude photos / videos of celebs?
- My friend has willing shared his nude picture with me. Is it a crime if I share it with my friends?
- Should I use different ATM machines or the same one?
- Any tips for using an unfamiliar ATM machine?
- What should I do if my card is 'swallowed' or confiscated by the ATM machine.
- What is phishing?
- What is identity theft?
- What are job frauds?
- What is pharming?
- What is cyberbullying?
- What is website defacement?
- What is revenge porn?
- What is cryptojacking?
- What is cyber grooming?
- What is cyberstalking?
- What is online radicalisation?
- What is vishing and smishing?
- What is a SIM swap scam?
- What is ransomware?
- What is skimming?
- What is shoulder surfing?
- What is card trapping?
- What is PIN capturing?
- What are the Indian cyber laws?
- What is First Information Report (FIR)?
- What is a cognizable offence?
- What is extradition?
- What is imprisonment?
- What can I do if the police refuse to file / register my complaint?
- What is a fine?
- What is compensation?
- What is bail?
- Do the police need a warrant to examine my phone or laptop?
- Can any police station take my cyber complaint or do I have to go to the cyber cell?
- What is Cyber Crime Investigation?